Transfers – The Gold-Digging Generation: Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison to Manchester City?
Oh, and Darron Gibson. But not to City, obviously.
* Manchester United’s best-laid plans for their wunderkinder appear to be heading down the tubes as the highly-rated Paul Pogba and the X-rated Ravel Morrison are rumoured to be refusing the offers of new contracts and heading across the divide to Manchester City, cruelly rejecting the opportunity to play at a club that was prepared to bring Paul Scholes out of retirement before giving them a game.
* Chelsea have received a bid for their big, bald Brazilian Alex, who is rumoured to be negotiating a deal with QPR to keep his one-man Schwerer Gustav tribute act in West London.
* Back in Manchester, Darron Gibson has been given the greatest commendation of his footballing ability thus far by having it suggested that being involved on ‘that’ night out with Wayne Rooney and Jonny Evans is the reason that he’ll be leaving Old Trafford this month. Everton is the rumoured destination, for the sum of £2.5 million.
* Chris Samba has realised that Blackburn are doomed, and the Congolese colossus is now rumoured to be angling for an exit from the club. QPR have had a bid rejected, and are expected to try their luck again, with Tottenham circling like the vulture that doesn’t emblazon their popular crest.
* Gary Cahill is apparently holding up his Chelsea deal by being a greedy guts and demanding more money than a defender that has more goals than clean sheets really ought to have any right to.
* Juventus want Gareth Bale, but can’t have him. The FCF knows our Italian cousins’ pain, and recommends The Smiths to help them through this difficult time.
Oh, and Aston Villa have completed a two-month loan deal for Robbie Keane. Well done to all concerned, and good luck to the Aston Villa fans!