A Diet Fit for Football Players
Bulk powders are a great addition to the diet of athletes, especially football players who need to be energised in order to have a good performance during the game. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates and proteins is recommended for them too.
A Healthy Diet for Athletes
An athlete needs vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients. A healthy, balanced diet should include:
• Fruits and vegetables should be consumed daily, a minimum of 5 portions
• The meals should be rich in high fibre foods and carbohydrates
• He should consume proteins, but with moderation
• He should eat dairy products with low fat
• He should reduce the consumption of fatty or sugary food products
• The meals should be low on fat
• He should drink plenty of fluids to keep well hydrated
The diet should be individualized for different type of sports, according to the athlete’s training program and competitions.
A Football Player’s Diet
This type of game requires power and endurance. The players need to build muscle and obtain high energy levels from the food they eat. This is why it is recommended for a football player to have 3 consistent meals a day and 2 snacks. During competitions and intense training programs, their diet should respect the following principles:
• Foods rich in carbohydrates should be chosen at every meal and snack. They increase the player’s endurance during training and on the field, they help him recover faster and build muscle
• Eat foods rich in protein with moderation. Proteins do not represent the main energy source
• Choose food low in fat. Even if fat is essential as a shock absorber, high levels of fat will affect the overall performance
• Vitamins are essential for football players so it is recommended to eat fresh vegetables and fruits as often as possible
• Alcohol is not recommended because it affects the body’s ability to recover. Moreover, it contributes to gaining excess weight and acts as a diuretic.
Besides respecting these principles, bulk powders like Maxiraw protein powder should also be included in the diet of football players because they help increase muscle mass, help the body recover faster from injuries and provide the necessary energy requirements.